Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Centralized billing for apps

I am the only user of the Swift Calcs app in my organization (Enterprise subscription). When I added the app, I had to personally input the credit card details of my company and the invoices get sent to my email address which I then need to manually forward to our finance controller. Is there an easier way to do this? Otherwise I would suggest that the user should simply be able to request an app subscription, which then has to be approved by the company admin together with adding the payment information.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    I am the only user of the Swift Calcs app in my organization (Enterprise subscription). When I added the app, I had to personally input the credit card details of my company and the invoices get sent to my email address which I then need to manually forward to our finance controller. Is there an easier way to do this? Otherwise I would suggest that the user should simply be able to request an app subscription, which then has to be approved by the company admin together with adding the payment information.
    Hi Ivan_Deetlefs,

For Enterprises, the owner is able to purchase applications and grant users in the Enterprise to use them.  When an owner purchases an app, they choose the number of seats to purchase then in the Applications tab in the company settings they have the ability to add/reduce number of seats paid for and then assign who in the Enterprise is granted to use the application.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com