Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Hiding Features / Vertical Scrollbar getting in the way?

tom_augertom_auger Member Posts: 115 ✭✭
Recently I've been struggling a lot with the show.hide icon in the feature explorer sitting directly under the vertical scrollbar, such that when I wish to hide or show a feature, the scrollbar is clicked instead. The scrollbar only shows up when you near the edge of the feature explorer UI, so it is possible if you are very careful to click the left part of the "eye" icon, to still show and hide, but this must surely be an implementation error. A simple fix would be to ensure that the "eye" icon was sufficiently shifted to the left so that there is no overlap between the scroll bar and the icon.

I had thought that the width of the feature explorer UI element would play a factor here, but expanding that control horizontally doesn't solve the problem as both the scrollbar (as expected) and the icon (not expected) are pinned to the right edge of that control so they move along with the edge of the control.

Is this a feature? a bug? can it be addressed at some point? I'm exploring public examples and that means a lot of hiding and showing of features (especially sketches and planes) and this is starting to affect my productivity.

Comments

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,897 PRO
    It should be up against the scrollbar, but not overlapping

did you accidentally change the zoom of your browser? press ctrl+0 (command+0) to reset and see if that helps

Further reading of your post says you only get the scroll bar when you mouse over it.. I always see the scroll bar.. Windows10 Chrome & FireFox

What operating system and web browser are you using?
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,370
    If you set Scrollbars to “show always” in your computer settings it should fix the issue. However, we are aware and a fix will come. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    tom_augertom_auger Member Posts: 115 ✭✭
    NeilCooke said:
    If you set Scrollbars to “show always” in your computer settings it should fix the issue. However, we are aware and a fix will come. 
    Thanks!

OS X, Chrome (latest). I"m not sure I'm up for changing scrollbar settings globally