Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Need to REACTIVATE my academic license (not create a new account). How to do that?

I have had an OnShape account for several years. Initially it was an academic account. Sometimes at the end of 2018 my academic status expired (changed jobs), but now I am back in academia. 

How do I reactivate my academic status? I only see the option of "Create account", which is not what I want. I don't want a new account, I want to send proof of my academic employment to OnShape so that my license can be renewed. Or something along those lines, but not create a new account.

Comments

• Matt_LoMatt_Lo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 15

Hi Gianmario_scotti,

If you are still using Onshape for educational purposes, you can update your account to edu by going to www.onshape.com/edu and filling out the information under "Sign up for Onshape EDU". Use the same email that you had used previously and we will reactivate your account. If that does not work or if you need to use a different academic email, please file a support ticket and we can take a closer look!

Sincerely,
    ~Matt

• gianmario_scottigianmario_scotti Member Posts: 22 EDU
    edited January 2020
    Matt_Lo said:

Hi Gianmario_scotti,

If you are still using Onshape for educational purposes, you can update your account to edu by going to www.onshape.com/edu and filling out the information under "Sign up for Onshape EDU". Use the same email that you had used previously and we will reactivate your account. If that does not work or if you need to use a different academic email, please file a support ticket and we can take a closer look!

Sincerely,
    ~Matt

Thank you very much.

I don't know what e-mail address I used last time, so there is a good chance I'll have to file a support ticket.

EDIT: well, looks like my account was upgraded. Thank you again!

Cheers,

mario