Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
UI improvements to feature buttons
I think there are a number of improvements you could make to the UI - especially when it comes to the feature buttons. Ideas:
- Toggle labels on or off for buttons. The icons are great, but I could really use text as well to reduce the time used to look for features I do not use often. I know there is a search button. But I do not always remember the name of the feature.
- Icon where the current grey fill colours are changed to an "Onshape" blue. The current monochrome icons makes them hard to identify quickly. This would also be nice in the Features list
- Multiple rows of feature buttons. Even when using a monitor with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, I can't see all feature icons at once. I have to use the dropdown arrows to access even common features. There is plenty of vertical screen space to add at least an extra row of buttons