Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can't add sheet metal hem.

brett_suttonbrett_sutton Member Posts: 42 ✭✭✭
I'm building a very simple sheet metal model ( a laundry basket).
The basket will actually be made from calico but that's not particularly important here.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/c5aacfe5fd51e4a7a53c896b/v/55dde613bf99b4062cd300ba/e/62a4d9e8537971193e2c9a08

As you can see Part 2 has a Front Flange and Rear Flange

When I try to add Hem 2 it fails to generate. - Boolean operations failed to return a valid part

If I suppress the Rear Flange Hem 2 will generate.

There doesn't appear to be any interaction between the Rear Flange and Hem 2. I increased the bend radius of the Rear Flange to move it further away from any possible interaction with Hem 2 but it made no difference.

This seems like a very common type of layout and hem 1 is working fine and it has the same proximity to the Rear Flange.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Brett

Tagged: