Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Navigating with Wacom Intuos stylus

tony_459tony_459 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in Using Onshape
I mapped the buttons of a Wacom Intuos pen to the left and right clicks of a mouse. The right click opens the context menu upon release, but if I hold the right click and drag the pen to rotate the model, I get the selection box more typical of a left click and drag.
Is there an easy way to rotate the model without a right click? (I could pause to use the right click on my laptop's trackpad... but I need something I can do quickly and seamlessly without interruption to my work.) Thanks!

Comments

• tony_459tony_459 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Figured out the navigation but now struggling to click and drag entities in sketches. My stylus has a button mapped to left click, but it doesn't seem to do this thing.
    (If you're curious, I solved the navigation problem by changing my view manipulation preferences to match SolidWorks, which uses the middle mouse button to rotate, pan, and zoom. I mapped one of the buttons on my Wacom pen to a middle mouse button, and that works fine.)
  • he_shang691he_shang691 Member Posts: 2
    A BT mouse with a tablet is the best combination.
  • martin_kopplowmartin_kopplow Member Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    A space mouse and a tablet do also work.