Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

What needs to happen to get the Drawing Property "Drawing last changed date" to update?

StephenGStephenG Member Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
I have a note containing the "Drawing last changed date" metadata property and it is not updating.

I updated a drawing to reflect a change made to a sheet metal part and the drawing properties value did not change.

I would think that ANY change, including movement of annotation within the drawing/sheet would trigger updating the value.

Answers

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    My metadata was playing up yesterday too.  I gave up with a drawing thinking things might be slower and not updating quickly because of the new release. I am about to log back in and see if properties are updating for me now, hopefully, I don't have to log a ticket. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    I agree. Any changes should update the property. It has always been unclear to me what the minimum trigger is