Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

exploded view as a configuration

Hi. Is it possible to make the exploded view as a configuration, that I can open in a tree and choose whether I want to see my assembly or the exploded view of it? 

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO

Using the flyout tab on the right-hand side to create an exploded view.  This is separate from configurations and I think you will like how it works. 

Improvements to Onshape - March 9th, 2020 — Onshape

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    Olesia_LozovskaOlesia_Lozovska Member Posts: 5

Using the flyout tab on the right-hand side to create an exploded view.  This is separate from configurations and I think you will like how it works. 

Improvements to Onshape - March 9th, 2020 — Onshape

Thanks for the answer. This is exactly the way I did the exploded view of my assembly. I just thought there is an easier way to see it than :) Without using flyout.
  • Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    why do you want to do this?

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    I thought it might be convenient and a faster method to see the exploded view when I need it.

And also when one opens the flyout and runs the exploded view, gets that yellow sign with "done" button ( when one gets the opportunity to change things in the exploded view.) It gives this confusing filling for people who are new in Onshape, like me :)   I get a little bit terrified to ruine smth in the file I want only to open and see.  I understand that it can be fixed than if I change smth that shouldn.t be changed.... but still...  😁
  • Options
    You can make a configuration that explodes. That was one of the old work arounds.
    It will take a lot of time to setup, but it is doable. Just not at all compatible with the new explode fly out.

If you don't trust someone with edit permission, you should not give them edit permission. Set them to view only or comment. Then they can't break it.

Also Onshape has unlimited undo.. It is very difficult to permanently break anything. Even if you delete all of the tabs in the document.
    Don't let fear keep you from learning your tools.
    Thanks for your answer.