Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Mating THREE parts

I Fastened Mate pulley on a hub with Fastened Mate screws.
But when I mate the Pully+Hub assembly to the Servo Motor the Fastened Mates shift.

Any thoughts?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/1ac006629d1f18ddfa25dbaa/w/5ff21e9e433b2bd13dbfc637/e/c6dc10ad3fb7af9e7a024fd9

Best Answer

Answers

• mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Looks like the hub is mated to the pulley using a revolute mate. The screws aren't moving. It's the hub moving relative to the pulley while the screws remain fastened in place relative to the pulley. Just switch out the revolute mate for a fastened mate. Also, the screws should probably be mated to the hub not the pulley, since there aren't really any features on the pulley to locate the screws.
  • eric_schreibereric_schreiber Member Posts: 7 EDU
    @mahir Thank you for your time and attention. 
    The Hub+Pulley+Screws need to be all fixed. When I change the revolute mate for a fastened mate, the Hub shifts 45 degrees.
    Can you try it on your end?
    Also, how could I Fastened mate the screws to the hub with the pulley in between?

• eric_schreibereric_schreiber Member Posts: 7 EDU
    @mahir
    I tried now to fasten mate the assembly from the other side of the hub and it works better.
    Indeed, picking a better 'anchor' edge or point worked better. I was anchoring the mate point wrong.
    Thank you for the good tip on supressing threads.