Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Step problems

Hi
I have a problem with Onshape ( I am new to it)
I get the following when i import a step file. Can anybody help me with this?

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,370
    You should have another tab at the bottom (click the house icon to go up a folder) that includes the 3D model.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,897 PRO
    When you import a file that can be translated into a 3D model, keep your eye on the notifications menu.

If it says Importing... Then Onshape is in the process of translating it into 3D model.
    Once it is finished, you will see some part studios and assemblies appear (depending on your import type)

Importing can take a few minutes depending on the  size of your model. Your's is 70mb so I would give it a couple minutes.

If there was a problem this notification well tell you if there was any import errors also.