Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Improvements to Onshape - May 11th, 2020

2»

Comments

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited May 2020
    @jaschaaa they mentioned that it was intentionally not added; because to turn on everything that shift+p hides would give you a giant mess of construction geometry, most of which would be in the way. It wouldn't be that usefull.

It would be better to shift+p  to hide all, then toggle on what you want to see.
    so:
    shift+p, p will hide all then show all planes
    shift+p, j will hide all then show all mates

etc.

typically you won't want all of your mates, mate connectors, planes etc shown each time you want to toggle  some construction visibility in a certain area. You would instead just use the visibility button by the feature.
    Turning everything on can be very slow on some machines too.
  • AlexPittAlexPitt Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    All great additions!  - They go a long way to further improving the "slick-ness" Onshape. Updating named positions has come at the perfect time for one of my projects.   One suggestion: in drawing views we can choose "Explode/Position" and "Display State" but not "Named position" yet. 
    (I have an IR on this.)

Aligned broken views are great.  A couple more IRs (I'll do formally): projecting a new orthogonal view from an existing broken view doesn't auto-add the same break for the new view.  Also, no shading on broken views yet. (I'm sure that will come)

-The "Cad.new "is very cool!  Displaying multiple curves in composite parts also excellent! (I got into a world of pain modelling chicken-wire some time back! )

Thank you Onshape Team!!
    @AlexPitt
    let me know when you make those broken view IRs, I'll add my vote
    edited May 2020
    Oh, y'all didn't mention inline Document renaming :)

Noticed it when I went to click on a book mark.
    after that I read the change log and saw it there.

• emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    En este enlace podéis ver las Novedades de Onshape en español
    https://youtu.be/DGmqeuzej04
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308

You clearly didn't pay attention to the first video  :D
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • john_faracijohn_faraci Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Very nice update. 

By the way, has anyone heard from Owen sparks? Haven't seen a post from him in a while. Hope he is well.
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NeilCooke It is your fault... Too much information in this update  :D
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    @NeilCooke It is your fault... Too much information in this update  :D
    I know – I was debating whether to break that out into a separate line item as well as the 2 dimension palette improvements. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
    It's just a joke... Great job and an awesome update

I love to see the Drawings in Onshape are going better and better each 3 weeks
    Un saludo,

NeilCooke said:

You clearly didn't pay attention to the first video  :D
    Clearly, lol...

My mind must have been in lala land while thinking of how I can take advantage of cad.new
  • thomas_aathomas_aa Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Ok, shift+p works quite OK, but is there a shortcut to restore the origins visibility? I use P for the planes.
  • Henk_de_VlaamHenk_de_Vlaam Member, Developers Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    thomas_aa said:
    Ok, shift+p works quite OK, but is there a shortcut to restore the origins visibility? I use P for the planes.

Until there is a restore option, I now press Ctrl Z immediately after Shift P. That brings back the previous screen display.
    Henk de Vlaam (NL)
  • brian_jordanbrian_jordan Member, Developers Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    ...By the way, has anyone heard from Owen sparks? Haven't seen a post from him in a while. Hope he is well.
    Just been wondering that myself. Owen helped me out with a few things early on.
  • nclarknclark Member Posts: 6 PRO
    @AlexPitt I'll definitely +1 for the  view break alignment.   We now have aligned views but having the ability to align breaks is icing on the cake.
  • Cache_River_MillCache_River_Mill Member Posts: 225 PRO
    edited May 2020
    This is fantastic. Thank you!

(5-26-2020)
    We have been using Shift + P in our every day work flow for weeks now.

• Cache_River_MillCache_River_Mill Member Posts: 225 PRO
    @jaschaaa said:
    Suggestion: could Shift-P be used to toggle visibility of construction geometry?
    To toggle construction geometry, try using Alt-F4.

Un saludo,

• ParkwoodParkwood Member Posts: 4 PRO
    Shift+P is a great timesaver: However, you often want to restore the origin for many reasons: Would it make sense to have O or Shift O as remove & restore for the Origin?