Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Comment typing lag / slow?

david_black748david_black748 Member Posts: 2 EDU
Lately I've seen quite a lag when typing comments in Onshape documents. There is a substantial delay between when I type on my keyboard and when the keystrokes appear in the comment box. I only started noticing this after the May 11 update, though I'm not sure if the issue is related to the update. It occurs in Firefox and Chrome and in different Onshape documents. I do not have any typing issues in other programs or websites, and my internet connection is solid. I'm on Windows 7 if it matters. Has anyone else experienced this comment typing lag?

Comments

• Options
    korikori Onshape Employees Posts: 25
    We've seen a similar issue for users that have a large number of notifications, so that would be the first thing I would check.  If you do have a lot of notifications and you clear them, that could help the lag issue.
  • Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @david_black748
    Do you have any extensions like Grammarly enabled?
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    Tony_C_Tony_C_ Member Posts: 272 PRO
    It is really really bad sometimes.   I've tried it w/ Grammarly on/off and it doesn't seem to make a difference.
  • Options
    Steve_SpanjersSteve_Spanjers Member Posts: 9 PRO
    I seem to the same problem, but only in firefox.  Safari seems fine...  I disable any extension on cad.onshape.com, but it didn't seem to make much difference.