Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Complex imported Circuit Boards: Performance Improvement Question
I have imported this highly detailed model from GrabCAD: https://grabcad.com/library/arduino-uno-r3-1
Now, for use in Assemblies how do I get the best performance out of it? Do I:
1) Delete all non-essential resistors and such for representation and make an assembly out of it
2) Do nothing and just use it as is
3) Make composite of everything so it's one parametric blob
4) Delete non-essential resistors then make composite parametric blob
I don't know how Onshape handles complex stuff like this in Assemblies such that the large assembly isn't bogged down by high details such as this PCB.