Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Thank you Onshape Team

doug_keunekedoug_keuneke Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
I retired a couple years age from USA-KSC after having been a ProE/Creo user for 20 some years and a couple years with UG NX.  I missed 3d modeling but was unable to continue with ProE because I couldn't justify the cost.  I stumbled on Onshape and found it amazingly intuitive and similar to ProE.  I have since made many models and assemblies , some simple and some complex.  I keep my 3D printer busy and couldn't be happier.  The other day I downloaded Fusion 360, mostly out of curiosity and the desire to dig into the CAM functionality.  I'm 3 days into the design of an alignment tool and finally threw my hands up and quit.  I went to Onshape and had the tool modeled in 20 minutes.  I'm printing the final part now.  With all this said, I just wanted the Onshape team to know how much I truly appreciate their product.  Thank you for a job well done.   

Comments

• robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    Ditto on the kudos! I'm enjoying the experience also.

Some years ago, perhaps a dozen, and once a couple  years back I found Sketchup useful in redesigning some areas of our house. Not being a user of much experience, I struggled with it. During the last house project, I sought other software to use in a small electro-mechanical project. I waded into Onshape. Not long after I began to think that Onshape might be a better tool to use in the house design than Sketchup. Indeed it was. So many tasks were easier due to the tools available and their ease of use and the help available from Onshape documentation and community. Sketchup is in my rear view mirror.

Onshape has become a tool I use in many projects. Sometimes I use it to just quickly figure some stuff out. Like Doug, another tool I have found very useful is a 3d printer. With those tools the realm of possibilities has much expanded; I can incorporate their capabilities in many ways. I'm also just having fun with Onshape, frequently having  'aha!' and 'I didn't know you could do that!' experiences while engaged in my own use or by following other members posts. Of course I always look forward the updates.

My thanks to the Development Team and to the Onshape Community. - Scotty
  • john_ferguson402john_ferguson402 Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2020
    I have a subscription to Creo, but find myself doing nearly everything in On-Shape.  It's faster for my relatively simple parts, and the drawing interface is much quicker and simpler than Creo's. I've been using Pro/E since 1989 and been pretty happy with it, but except for where I need to generate G-Code, I pretty much only use OnShape now.

Is there any possibility of having OnShape read Creo 7 files?