Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Fun times with the Loft feature...

tom_augertom_auger Member Posts: 115 ✭✭
I've been lofting in 3D software for two decades and it's always a treat. Sadly, Onshape is no different.

Here's a good one: lofting from a rectangular sketch to a cross-shaped one. Possible? I tried to cheat by carefully placing 8 points on my "rectangle" in a very specific order, and then constraining pairs of points to each of the 4 "corners" of my rectangle, and carefully creating my cross sketch using 8 points as well (well 8 points + 4 center points as I was using the arc tool).

The results are exactly the same as if I had used 4 points on the rectangle, so I'm guessing that Onshape is too clever for me (it doesn't take much). I tried matching vertices but that had no (positive) effect. If anyone can figure out how to loft these two shapes please post your doc!

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• tom_augertom_auger Member Posts: 115 ✭✭
    mahir said:
    Is this closer to what you're trying to do? I'm not sure what your intent is.
    Yes! Did you need to use any guides or match vertex to make it work? Or did you have to pay particular attention to the order in which you created the points on each sketch?