Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Projected curves? What is the difference?

tom_augertom_auger Member Posts: 115 ✭✭
I'm having trouble understanding the constraints or requirements for projected curves to work properly (for the 100th time wishing Onshape's error messages were more helpful/explicit)

Here's a great example of a very simple test. Some of the edges combine perfectly as expected, some generate errors. I don't understand what's different about the two splines that cause one to work and the other to error. Can you see what I'm missing?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/bd9cb26ea5f34944a8fc0f75/w/e88af0fbf308d8ef9dfe1e19/e/59bdf8f433ce9e7a24d01c4f

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• tom_augertom_auger Member Posts: 115 ✭✭
    @John_P_Desilets you nailed it. Thank you! If the OnShape Gods are listening, a more meaningful / contextual error message would have been really helpful here.