Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

is there a way to tell which context is the current one displayed

karen_wagner223karen_wagner223 Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
I am finishing an assembly that was created by another user who is new to OnShape. I am finding multiple contexts on the parts and can't tell which is the context of what is displayed on the screen ie: 3 or 4. I need to retain the current model display as I believe that is the correct design. Am I missing something?doc link https://cad.onshape.com/documents/8773299a920197610d17a2e9/w/3f96a02517d16e1b54a3e447/e/612ab8189ca569db23b3b3ef

Answers

• Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,064 PRO
    You can see which context is active when one is, but I've never found a way to tell which one is referenced when you see a reference, which is a pain. Anybody know a way to do this? I'd expect to click the arrow that shows there's a reference to get more info or something.

I'm being general here because your link brings me to an assembly. which part studio are you in when viewing your contexts? Then I can take a look.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    karen_wagner223karen_wagner223 Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    I was viewing the contexts in the assembly. The first 4 parts have multiple contexts, I think there are more. I am in the process of finding the parts as everything is named part and adding properties and names. I am going to open the part from the assembly and see if that pulls up the latest context. (made a duplicate to work on so I don't lose vital geometry)