Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I create these sheet metal features in onshape?

wei_xunwei_xun Member Posts: 9
I am trying to model this doublemint sheet metal part now but have two questions about how it's made. it's a three part assembly.
1. the top and bottom pieces both seem to be stamped in one direction like this. is there a metal stamping operation i can use in onshape? or should i just model it as a solid like this?
2. the edges of all three sheets seemed to be rolled up like this. how can i recreate this in onshape?
3. there's a fun rotation mechanism built around the rounded edge and a small bent cutout in the vertical wall, like this. how can i create this in onshape? i can't figure out how to make a three sided cut in a piece of sheet metal and then bend it.

many thanks!