Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Could someone convert this SW assembly to a Pack&Go format?

SaumitraSaumitra Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited July 2016 in Community Support
Hi!

I wish to import this assembly to OnShape, but for that I need to save it in the Pack&Go format from SolidWorks. Problem is, I don't have SolidWorks with me.

Could someone please save it as Pack&Go and give me the file?

Instructions: http://help.solidworks.com/2014/English/SolidWorks/pdmworks/c_Pack_Go_Ovw_WPDM.htm

Thank you!

Answers

• traveler_hauptmantraveler_hauptman Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 419 PRO
    There's an o-ring missing (I don't have the toolbox on this machine).

• philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Couple of quick tips to maximizing your success with SolidWorks Pack and Go;

1) When exporting, make sure that you check the 'include fasteners' box
    2) The zip file name MUST be exactly the same as the top level assembly

Happy Onshaping :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • SaumitraSaumitra Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Thanks a ton traveler_hauptman for the conversion and philip_thomas for useful tips! :)