Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Adding decals/images to surfaces and have them show up in drawings

Sebastian_PerssonSebastian_Persson Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
I, and many others, lack the functionality of adding an image to a surface, perhaps to present engraving or painting instructions, and then having it show up in the technical drawing. I now images can be added in the drawing itself, but it is more advantageous to define the imagesin the 3D geometry and and then be ableto see them in both the 3D view and the drawing.
Most other CAD software support this function (often called Decal) and many users see this as a huge drawback with OnShape.

Please add this function. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Sten_VelschowSten_Velschow Member Posts: 6 PRO
    I also miss this feature a lot.
    I need to create drawings for pad printing on mechanical parts to submit to sub suppliers.

• Options
    GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 381 PRO
    This was implemented this earlier this month.....see 'What's New' under the ? icon top left of the document page