Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Projected curve: Error regenerating
As practice, I'm trying to model a mini stapler from my desk. I started sketch the white "cross" on the back of the stapler, as seen from Top and Right.
Now I'm trying to create a Projected curve between my two sketches, but I hit the problem "error regenerating", if I select all edges touching both white and pink areas ("Full curve" in the feature list). If I only select some, the curve works ("Partial curve"). Why is this? Does it have to do with one of the sketches backing up on itself, creating two solutions?
I also tried to do combine curve on the same edges and I get the curves, but there seems to be no way to combine them?
1. What is the problem?
2. Is it possible to project existing curves on each other?
3. What is the proper way to do this?
Please see this document:
Going by https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/10692/slope-between-2-points I extruded surfaces and found that my curves did not intersect in all points. However, the "Full curve" is still failing.