Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Specify Counter-Bored Hole From Opposite Direction

frederic_vicikfrederic_vicik Member Posts: 2
I'm trying to create counter-bored holes in the second part of my design that line up with the tap-drill holes in the first part. 

I have a sketch on the surface where the parts mate.  It defines the tap-drill holes.  All I need to do is continue those holes in the opposite direction, but in clearance diameter rather than tap drill diameter, but more importantly, expand to screw head diameter after ~0.25" from the mating surface.

I've tried to create a surface offset from the part mating surface and specifying holes or removal extrusions based on those surfaces, but all my attempts have been rejected.

Any information or advice will be appreciated.

---rick

Answers

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be easier to place the sketch on the surface with the counterbores. You can then add a counterbore like normal and also use the same sketch for the mating threaded holes. You'll just have to select the proper merge scope for each Hole feature.