Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Origin Defined Differently in Onshape and Simscale.

Robert01Robert01 Member Posts: 22
I noticed the origin is defined a bit differently between Onshape and Simscale. In Onshape, the origin is defined at the intersection of the (Left, Front, Bottom) planes and in Simscale the origin is defined at the intersection of the (Right, Front, Bottom) planes. This could potentially make things a bit confusing when importing a geometry from Onshape to Simscale. Is there any way to change the default axis/origin point or names of the planes in Onshape to match Simscale since I do a lot of exporting of parts to Simscale for simulations? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    darren_lynchdarren_lynch Member Posts: 1
    Hi @Robert01, firstly, sorry it's been so long (almost three years). I randomly searched SimScale on OnShape. I had never noticed the difference and have used Onshape to SimScale for many years. That said, we defiantly understand the importance of user-definable UI components, and I will add this to the feedback on SimScale's side for our product team.

I know it's not so clear cut as to what are SimScale and Onshape developments in this regard, and technically it could be either, I suppose. However, in future might be worth mirroring the discussion here.

All the best,
    Darren