Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Is there a way to export a part with origin at center of mass (or any custom location)?

ammaar_solkarammaar_solkar Member Posts: 1
edited August 2020 in Using Onshape
Hello, I created an assembly with all the parts referenced to one common origin. I want to use this with ROS and hence need to export all parts with their respective origins at their center of masses. Is there a way to do it? I looked at feature script but didn't see a way to export the files by shifting it to origin and then reverting it back to original place. If someone could point what to look for in feature script to implement this it would be great. I would like to get started with feature script. Thank you.