Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Loft Issues

I'm trying to model a wing with Loft feature, at first I drawed two spline Airfoils in different planes but when I select them for Loft, any solid appear and one of the Airfoils turn red. Can someone help me with that? 

Answers

• Options
    jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Hi pablo_gomez510,

Loft tries to match vertices across profiles.  My guess, from looking at your image alone, is that you are using DXF imports which segment the airfoil profiles and both profiles have a different amount of vertices.  This causes the loft to twist and often collapse in on itself.  If you were to add some guide curves to the guides section of loft, you will constrain it better and give loft more information to create the profile that you want.

If I am incorrect and those are truly splines, I would try the 'Match vertices' option where you select a vertex that loft should be the "same" across all profiles.  In this case, I would select the edge vertex of both profiles as my vertices to match.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • Options
    John_P_DesiletsJohn_P_Desilets Onshape Employees, csevp Posts: 235
    @pablo_gomez510

I responded to a similar situation in the past. I believe the problem you are having is caused by the sharp point at the end of each profile. See discussion link. 

https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/61858#Comment_61858
  • Options
    matthew_stacymatthew_stacy Member Posts: 476 PRO
    @pablo_gomez510, if you share a link to your document surely someone in the community can resolve your issue.