Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Custom properties

Hello All,

I have some questions about properties. I have created a custom property "Cost" I want to use this property to store the production costprice of a component. In a BOM I want to be able to see the total costprice of the top-level assembly. After creating and activating the custom-property I go to a new part but I cannot see the new property.
My questions:
- What type should I use for this property? I doubt using "text" or "double"  I learnt from other posts that Onshape cannot summarize costs in a BOM but maybe OpenBOM prefers a  type?
- How come I don't see the new property in my part? If I select RMB on a folder I can select "transfer ownership" then the ownership will be transfered to my company instead of "me" Is this the trick to show the custom property I specified on company level?
- and last but not least: I want to create a validation for "Part number" I want to use a range from "CF-100000" to "CF-999999" so I put   "CF-[0-9]" in the validation box and made min and max length 9 units. How do I specify the system not to use below "CF-100000"  (so e.g. CF000001) ?

Any tips and tricks on this topic are welcome!
Best regards,
Dennis Varkevisser