Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Lesson Idea 2: Design a Next Gen Personal Vehicle
Here's the next idea in our series of lessons that the PTC Academic team wants to share. We'd love to hear any feedback that you might have. Feel free to share any lessons that you have created or transitioned to Onshape!
Curriculum Idea: Capstone Design Project
Topic area: Next Gen Transportation/ Electric Vehicles
Description: This is a project that could be done as a capstone once your students have the fundamentals mastered. One idea would be to have each student come up with concepts/sketches and everyone would pitch their idea. Then, have the class vote on the top 5 or 6 ideas. Once those are selected you could form teams and have the students work together to create the 3D models of those concepts. Each team could present at the end of the semester.
Student instructions could be: Design your version of an electric vehicle that could be used in urban areas to reduce emissions within cities and be considered a personal transport system.Learning Objectives: After completing this project, students should be able to:
- Engage in Ideation and Brainstorming and produce sketches
- Create prototype models from sketches
- Create product descriptions
Models: Link to GyroCar
Advanced Part and Surfacing Design Learning Pathway