Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Lesson Idea 3: Molecule Modeling
Curriculum Idea: Use CAD to model chemical compounds
Topic area: Assembly and Modeling
Description: This project focuses on using simple 3D models of atoms to create molecules. The DNA molecule is one of the most interesting and can be used as the primary focus.
The Molecule Assembly Exercise is also a great intro to assembly and Mate Connectors in Onshape. Once completing this exercise you could have students try to model more complex organic molecules.
Learning Objectives: After completing this project, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate how to use 3D CAD to model molecules
- Use Mate Connectors to assemble parts
- Identify the building blocks of DNA
Assembly learning module