Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Change drawing view reference

Ben_StoeltingBen_Stoelting Member Posts: 3
edited September 2020 in Product Feedback
I know this has been commented on in other requests such as https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/54734#Comment_54734

However, unless I'm missing something there is no way to change the view reference. The situation I come across often is when a part is split. This results in two or more entities for a view to reference. If you had a drawing going of the un-split part then after splitting the part the drawing will reference is usually not the part of the split you want in the drawing. I'm sure there is logic to what the view chooses but that isn't apparent. Normally, it is common to change the view reference in the view properties but that feature isn't there. You can open the linked part but can't change it.

All the ideas relating to this have been closed so I'm hoping Onshape has added this feature and I'm simply not finding it.

Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments