Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

2D Electrical Schematic, P&ID, Pneumatic, & Hydraulic

Aaron_MagninAaron_Magnin Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 114
Hey everyone, just wanted to make sure that you're aware of a new partner product available in the app store: Radica Electra . This tool will allow for the creation of those 2D electrical schematics, P&ID, and more. It's easy to use thanks to drag & drop functionality, auto-wiring, and auto-numbering.

If you want to learn more about it, check out the demo or see the Radica website.

Let me know if you have question, and I look forward to contributing more to this forum!

Comments

• Options
    AuroraRonAuroraRon Member Posts: 120 PRO
    Great.  Just gave it a try but I don't see a single electrical receptacle.
    Where are they hiding?  Searched for NEMA and nothing found either. 
    I would love to switch over from draw.io 

• Options

@AuroraRon

...first, sorry about the slow reply. I've adjusted my notification settings so you don't have to wait this long for my next reply!

That said, I searched for a receptacle but was also unable to find anything. Being a cloud tool, they should be able to add a new symbol quickly, but they need to be made aware of this request. Did you use the button to request a new symbol?

That said, could it also just be a language mismatch? When you search for "socket" did you find what you wanted?

• Options

Thanks for the reply.

I would expect basic symbols would be already there and not something that has to be requested.

We will continue to use existing free software and check back in the future to see if there is any significant change in this to justify the seemingly high cost.

• Options

Sorry, but did you see that portion at the bottom.

"That said, could it also just be a language mismatch? When you search for "socket" did you find what you wanted?"

• Options

Yes, I did search for sockets and receptacle I don't see any symbol like you see below.

• Options

Thanks for that! I'm going to let their dev team know...

Appreciate your time, and thanks for checking it out. If changes are made, I'll let you know.

• Options

@AuroraRon I heard back from the Radica team...a great turn around and response:

"We do have JIC & IEC symbol sets, however unfortunately we do not have assets of NEMA for now but please rest assured that we’ll be working on having it in Electra Cloud. Kindly note that we’ll require some time to complete this task."

They're working to provide symbols of the receptacle shown by you, which could take a few business days.