Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Lesson Idea 7: Modeling Nature
Here's another curriculum idea from the PTC Academic team if you are looking for new projects to bring into your classroom!
Curriculum Idea: Have students explore the geometry of nature and then create their own models of it in Onshape.
Topic area: Modeling nature, Using Patterns
Description: Nature comes up with amazing geometry. Have students research geometry in nature, select a flower or plant, and then using Onshape model it. Emphasize how nature uses fractals and other patterns.
Learning Objectives: After completing this project, students should be able to:
- Discuss how nature uses patterns to create unique geometry
- Create their own models of natural geometry using patterns
- 3D print the models
Models: Link to Flower model