Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Lesson Idea 9: Using Curves/Helices in Models
Hey everyone! Here's another lesson idea we had kicking around for awhile. What kind of lesson's would you like to see?
Curriculum Idea: Have students create models of the spaceship used in the movie “Passengers” or other spacecraft.
Topic area: Helices
Description: This is a fun way to introduce the idea of a helix and how it can be used in models. Have students study the spaceship used in the movie “Passengers.” Then ask them to build models of it. They will need to use a helix curve to model the habitation modules. You could also have students design other space ships from their favorite shows, movies, books, or real life.
Learning Objectives: After completing this project, students should be able to:
- Explain what a helix is and what it looks like
- Use the helix feature in Onshape
- Talk about helical geometry
Models: Link to model