Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Section View Command Not Available

brian_martzbrian_martz Member Posts: 3 EDU
I have a student that is missing the section view command options.  No keystroke, no right click on a plane or no section view option in the camera/render view menu.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Answers

• Options
    EvanEvan Onshape Employees Posts: 62
    Section view requires certain capabilities on the GPU to work (float textures, specifically.) If the section view command is not appearing, it is likely that your student's computer does not have a GPU with this feature.  They can verify that by going to https://cad.onshape.com/check to see if float texture support is listed.

Your student could try updating their GPU drivers, if that is possible.  This sometimes resolves GPU related issues.  However, if float textures are not supported on the GPU to begin with, this will not help.
  • Options
    alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 449 EDU
    Could you send a screenshot of what your view menu looks like? Something like this:

To fix it, here is what I would try:
    - Hard refresh (ctrl+shift+r, ctrl+F5, or ctrl+click refresh icon)
    - Check if your system is fully compatible at https://cad.onshape.com/check
    - Try clearing your browser's cache

If that still doesn't work, report a bug with the document open:

Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev
  • Options
    brian_martzbrian_martz Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Thank you.  We tried the refresh & restart/clear cache.  The section view doesn't work in any document on her computer.  However, I can open her document remotely and it works on my computer.  All of our students were issued Chromebooks.

This is the first time this has come up.  I had another student tell me the import button was missing in the insert command at the bottom of the dialogue box.   I didn't know how to fix that one either.  
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    edited October 2020
    The import button could have been removed by the student by accident. 

Right click the toolbar and click customize. Then you can modify the toolbar by dragging and dropping

Edit :  after reading the statement again i realized you were talking about something else 
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,396
    Are you sure the person in question is using the chrome book? If everyone has the exact same device then some may have faulty graphics chips? Post the results of cad.onshape.com/check 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI