Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Loft following bridging curve is boxy when viewed from above

Dear all,

I am pretty new at all this; matter of fact, I only started with 3D design a week ago and with Onshape early this week. While I watched the training material and searched the forum, I suspect that I lack the terms and concepts to meaningfully search for information.

When viewing https://cad.onshape.com/documents/d927183037eea7c537772439/v/6fd1257f8187153525d74729/e/e3593362ec5528415a06102e from the top, it looks boxy; it has eight clearly visible segments. I am at a loss as to how to make this a circular belly around the pen holder. I did try a third circle in between the two existing ones, but could not place it to come out at this rough shape. A closely similar shape would also be a success; I am not fixed on any one way to implement this and don't need to follow this exact shape, I just want to achieve something roughly similar and circular.

If there was a way to replace the solid wall with a gyroid pattern or have ridges spiral up around the pen holder that would be even better. I am positive this is doable, but I don't know how to, yet.

The context of this is, of course, 3D printing with filament.

Thanks in advance for any hints, URLs, edits, or so,
Richard

Comments