Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Chromebook Touchpad / Dimension Tool Error

john_hammons643john_hammons643 Member Posts: 17 EDU
Hello!

A few of my students have complained to me about using the touchpad on their Chromebooks to activate and use the dimension command. Basically, they are unable to click and drag a dimension off a line in sketch mode. I don't have their Chromebooks in front of me since we are teaching virtually so I had them simple logout and back in and retry.....that seemed to fix a couple of the problems but I have one student who is continuing to have problems even after completely shutting down and restarting the Chromebook. Has anyone else out there experienced anything like this? If so, any idea what might be going on? Thanks! 

Comments

• tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like they're trying to "click-and-hold" while dragging and placing the dimension? It looks to me like that only works on a drawing. Within a sketch, you need to "click-and-release", then click again to place the dimension where you want it. 

To be honest, I didn't even know that was possible to "click-and-hold", even when working on a drawing. 

Either way, I find things way easier to navigate when using a mouse. Would be great if the school could provide one with the Chromebook for this use-case. 

• john_hammons643john_hammons643 Member Posts: 17 EDU
    It sounds like they're trying to "click-and-hold" while dragging and placing the dimension? It looks to me like that only works on a drawing. Within a sketch, you need to "click-and-release", then click again to place the dimension where you want it. 

To be honest, I didn't even know that was possible to "click-and-hold", even when working on a drawing. 

Either way, I find things way easier to navigate when using a mouse. Would be great if the school could provide one with the Chromebook for this use-case. 

Thanks Tim...I will remind them to click and release.....yes, I use a mouse and it's never an issue wish my students had a mouse too!