Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Lesson Idea 10: Halloween Pumpkin Design
Curriculum Idea: Students will create a pumpkin and carving design
Topic area: Design
Description: Assign students to find/sketch their own design to carve into a pumpkin. Students can also be tasked with modeling their pumpkin in Onshape. Their are number of ways to make a pumpkin in Onshape with varying degrees of difficulty (simple revolve, circular patterning, surface modeling, etc). They can then take a photo of their carving hand sketch with a phone/other device and import it into Onshape. Then, trace this photo in a sketch so that the sketch can be used to extrude remove from their pumpkin model.
Learning Objectives: After completing this project, students should be able to:
- Use images as a start for a sketch
- See how the same object can be modeled different ways
- Develop conceptual designs while thinking about if it could actually be manufactured (carved)
Link to Model (Has three examples of ways to model a pumpkin)