Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Project showcase site [Feature Request]

partsovenpartsoven Member Posts: 24 PRO
I really love browsing the public projects on Onshape but wish there was a more organized way to view great projects. Right now the same projects always populate the top, and it is hard to find some projects.

Stratasys aquired both GrabCAD, and Thingiverse a few years back which can be very useful, but the content on GrabCAD has become stale, and Thingiverse has lost a bit of its luster. I would love to see a dedicated site to showcase Onshape public projects. Users could add descriptions, metadata, and some images of 3d prints etc. I think this would be a really useful and cool community tool, and help grow adoption of Onshape in the maker community.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 449 EDU
    I would really love this! It's super fun to look at how others have made their models since I always learn something new, and it's also just nice to see what people are doing. A more organized/guided way of browsing would be really nice.

A fast way to implement something like this would be to make a new forum category called "project showcase" or something. The infrastructure is already in place in the forum for descriptions, tagging, search, images, discussions, etc., so a dedicated category could help with reducing clutter and focusing conversations/project sharing.
    Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev