Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to show existing structures in drawings??

kevin_dhillonkevin_dhillon Member Posts: 2
Been using onshape for a little bit now but no expert so putting it out to the community for some help. 

I have finished my new structure but i need to show reference in the drawings to the existing structure as I am proposing changes to the existing structure by cutting it shorter and putting new handrail in above to reduce risk of fall but make part of the existing structure shorter as well so people do not have to lean in to drop items. 

The proposed frame is in yellow and the existing structure is in blue. I need to show the client what the difference is and communicate it to their welding team. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have attached an example of some of the drawings i receive with the existing structures nominated.