Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Reality Server for HS Students

Hi all, I am a high school teacher in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I am currently assigned to teach Virtually within the Toronto DSB. I teach a subject called Technological Design. My classes use Onshape for their  course work. I find the devices that students have to access my classroom vary due to home resources. And if students have no device, our board loans chromebooks. The choice to use Onshape was obvious.

My currents projects have students also rendering their solutions. I have asked them to use Reality Server to do renderings of their Design Intent and Solutions. The problem is, 2 hours isn't enough time to do 3 or 4 projects. Does anyone know how I could get more time with the Reality Server App for my students who are Education Users?

Comments

• Options
    joe_dunnejoe_dunne Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 198
    Chris,

Are you sure the 2 hours is not enough? I have found the allocation of free render hours to do quite a lot.  If you and your students have indeed exhausted the free rendering credits. Perhaps you can reach out to me via email jdunne@ptc.com. 
    Joe Dunne / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    chris_perivolarischris_perivolaris Member Posts: 5 EDU
    Hi Joe,
    I have students working remotely. I can ask them to share their screen with me and I can check where they are with the two hours. I have 2 students that say they have exhausted the 2 hours. I will contact you.
    sincerely,