Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I access a public document that is part of a course exercise?

Mike_WaltzMike_Waltz Member Posts: 2 PRO
I am an education enterprise user (rjuhsd.onshape.com), and whenever I try to click on a public document link in learning center course exercises, like the one on this page, it takes me to the non-enterprise login page.  I only have an account for my enterprise (we log in with Google) so this means I can't access the document which means I can't do the exercises which means the courses don't work for me or my students.  Any ideas?
Cheers!

Best Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,395
    Answer ✓
    Not ideal, but you can right-click and copy the link address, paste it into the browser’s URL bar and change cad to rjuhsd. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    Answer ✓
    @Mike_Waltz this is a known issue we are working to resolve. In the meantime we have some intermediate workarounds involving either allowing public documents to be accessed in the Enterprise which is a global control an Enterprise administrator can set- but you still have to do what Neil mentioned or our support team can copy all the Learning Center docs to your Enterprise- the titles will match the exercise directions, but the links in the Learning Center will need to be ignored. Again both of these are temporary solutions and our dev team is working on a better one. Please have one of your Enterprise administrators create a support ticket.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Thank you both.  The URL workaround is just fine.  I will put in a support ticket though.  Cheers!

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,395
    Answer ✓
    Not ideal, but you can right-click and copy the link address, paste it into the browser’s URL bar and change cad to rjuhsd. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    Answer ✓
    @Mike_Waltz this is a known issue we are working to resolve. In the meantime we have some intermediate workarounds involving either allowing public documents to be accessed in the Enterprise which is a global control an Enterprise administrator can set- but you still have to do what Neil mentioned or our support team can copy all the Learning Center docs to your Enterprise- the titles will match the exercise directions, but the links in the Learning Center will need to be ignored. Again both of these are temporary solutions and our dev team is working on a better one. Please have one of your Enterprise administrators create a support ticket.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Thank you both.  The URL workaround is just fine.  I will put in a support ticket though.  Cheers!