Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Getting more and more comfortable

GHamszGHamsz Member Posts: 32
I’m a retired EE, and have a lot of time on my hands now for home projects. I’ve been using SketchUp, but always wanted to be able to design on my iPad. No clue why I didn’t discover OnShape sooner, but I’m about a month in now, and I’m becoming more and more comfortable with it. I must admit, it’s a much more professional package than I expected.

I have a number of designs in the works, but my latest design started out as a wood shed for the backyard. I started it after discovering configuration variables, so naturally, I designed the shed around a number of parameters that would allow for fully customizing it. It took a while, and exposed a few weak spots in my OnShape design capabilities, but that’s why I push the envelope when I start a new project. No better motivation than having a project you really need,

Here’s a link to the document. I’d appreciate any comments on how the design could have been improved. Not looking for comments on the shed design itself, rather on how I used OnShape.

Take a look at the parts studio AutoFrame

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/03fd5c2790548874ad164087/w/71e0b098c9b9fca9abd3cdf9/e/8c45a2f7963edbfa11a9be7f