Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

I have 3 questions related to the same topic: Sweep Nomal

mko_scmko_sc Member Posts: 24 PRO
1) Is it possible to use "Sweep Normal 1" with multiple paths (derived from wrapped sketches)?
     as you can see I can select only one path at a time and then retrieve the resultant and do the other.
     someone can also tell me why it does not make the radius if between the first and second segment there is a radius?

2) is it possible to "adjust" the resultant of a wrap to make it refer to an axis? like putting constraints, making it composite curves, or something?

3) is it possible on Onshape to sweep with a solid? Practically simulating tool milling?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/cd33170d1bf492f53dcf10c2/w/e0fa1b5f9cc6ef0ee3f174fb/e/72df5e6f783f7d3709a3c8b0

Thanks for your patience

Comments

• Options
    konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I have some experimental feature for body sweep (at least it generates cross sections of the swept volume), but it has a certain limitations: it doesn't like sharp edges in the tool bodies, it doesn't make swept profile if tool body isn't closed and it often requares you to manually adjust parameters like step and microstep. And still you only get the swept surface in the best case (there are some strange internal loft problems I don't know how to dial with). So you can play with it but it is too capricious for now.
  • Options
    mko_scmko_sc Member Posts: 24 PRO
    thanks KONSTANTIN
    do you have any suggestions for the first two questions?
  • Options
    konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like sweep normal doesn't like sharp edge connections, and if you select plain multiedge path it works. I don't think there is a reason to somehow adjust shape from wrap-remove since it is equal as if you would wrap it and thickened faces with remove option and it is not how body sweep creates the geometry.