Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Update Linked Document Button Not Visible

famadorianfamadorian Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
The "Update Linked Document" button takes like a minute or two to appear after you've changed a linked document. Any reason this button can't just be present all the time?;)

Answers

• famadorianfamadorian Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    One workaround is to click "update linked document" on the tab, then go to "selective update" and then browse for your part, select it and click update. That's considerably longer path than to just "update linked document" from the context menu
  • famadorianfamadorian Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    This is problematic. In this scenario, I don't know which one to update. I want to update this specific cabinet, but I have like 4 other cabinets of the same type in the assembly. 
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @famadorian

You should be able to click the blue linked document icon in the parts list if you find your assembly in there (you can right click + go to item in list to find it).

It then will pop up a dialog with only that update.
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100