Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Interesting Application

GHamszGHamsz Member Posts: 32
There’s no end to what you can do with OnShape!

With the restrictions in place because of COVID, my wife and I have been playing a lot of nine ball.
for grins last night I was wondering if I could create a pool table in OnShape, and use it to understand some of the angles needed to make one, two and three cushion shots. It was fairly straight forward with all the tools available in sketch.

Comments

• Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,065 PRO
    haha, this is a great use! to make it more accurate, you may want to offset the cushions inward by the radius of the balls, so you can still just trace the center path of the ball and get accurate bounces. Maybe you've already done this.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    Great minds!

The radius of the Q ball is included. 
  • Options
    Here’s a link to the latest design with the Q ball radius incorporated, and the initial direction extended to the markers. You target the marker position, and let it fly.
    I also changed it to allow for positioning the balls in one sketch, then you enable whichever shot you’d like to try by enabling other sketches.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/7c84a112dbba713c59996078/w/e2513ca4d39b46fc82f9272d/e/cf28c59cd618a66ad18ce918