Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Wrap Decal on Flat and Curved Surface for CANstruction

daniel_mostyndaniel_mostyn Member Posts: 2 EDU
Hello, I was wondering if OnShape was developing a way to decal a modeled surface with an image.  I understand that an image can be inserted as a sketch, but it would be great if, similar to other CAD platforms, one could wrap the image around a cylinder.  I'm trying to model canned food for a 3D display where cans and non-perishables are stacked on top of each other to make lifelike creations like shown below.  I participated in a competition like this in the past and now want my students to try it.  The food is donated to a local food bank each year.  I love how teams can work easily on OnShape and the decal feature would make it ideal for this application.

These are from a Chicago collection that architects and contractors did in 2018.  Pretty cool.