Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Creating plane problem

gregan_pacegregan_pace Member Posts: 5
I'm trying to create a plane to basically cut a corner off of a square and I'm having a problem doing it. I'm not an expert in any cad software, so maybe I'm just going about it the wrong way. I just created sketched lines on all three sides of the corner and then have hit the plane button and selected the 3 lines, but they none of the plane options seem to do anything once I have created the plane. If there is an easier way to just cut the selected corner from the square, I would just do that as well. 

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    gregan_pacegregan_pace Member Posts: 5
    Resolved. It worked when I picked endpoints instead of the lines.
  • Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similarly if anyone wants a plane through a line and a point:
    at present this is not explicitly an option.

The workaround is to select the endpoints of the line, and the remote point, and make a plane through three points.