Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How can close a gap between two lofts?

I built the two lateral lofts in the picture and I need to fill the gap in between. By definition of the design, I have to have this "triangular" surface between the lofts.
I tried with loft and fill tools, but I was not able to fill it up. I am new to OnShape, but I have a few years with ProE, but for these tools they are a bit different.
Can someone help me please?

Answers

• Options
    John_P_DesiletsJohn_P_Desilets Onshape Employees, csevp Posts: 236
    Hello @ricardo_raimundo. Can you share your document as public for us to see? Thanks! 
  • Options
    ricardo_raimondoricardo_raimondo Member Posts: 32
    John, I appreciate your response, but I changed that document so much that I don't have anything even near to it anymore. What I am trying to do now, is to build the part in three or four parts and and join them using the boolean tool or assemble then in one piece. This is a wing tip for a radio controlled airplane. What I have done so far is in this link: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/a03f2d9e02f3e3b7a3b662c1/w/c8d83cb759eff9ef07f34fba/e/03088f4202865ea57572b33e
  • Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,064 PRO
    @ricardo_raimondo It looks like many of your curves aren't constrained to one another. You'll want to edit your sketches and use a lot of pierce constraints to make them touch. Another tip (pun intended 🥁) is that you can select a single vertex as a loft profile so you can make it come to a point.

Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    ricardo_raimondoricardo_raimondo Member Posts: 32
    Evan, thank you for your response. I am learning this constrains between different sketches the hard way. Also, thank you for the tip about using a vertex as a loft profile. That, I would never figure it out.