Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Showing problems pictorially on the Forum.

peter_hallpeter_hall Member Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
Sorry I still do not know how to show an example of my problem pictorially on the forum can someone also explain how this is done.
I see both screenshots and sometimes full videos from other members but have no idea how to create either on the forum.
All I can ever do is provide a link to my full document.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    peter_hallpeter_hall Member Posts: 196 ✭✭✭

Thanks Snippit worked fine @andrew_troup  any info on how you do video clips other members?
  • Options
    navnav Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Hi @peter_hall I use a video gif recording tool called LineCap (http://www.cockos.com/licecap/). Here also a post about best way of recording GIF/Video https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/1288#Comment_1288
    Nicolas Ariza V.
    Indaer -- Aircraft Lifecycle Solutions
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I prefer lightshot for taking screenshots, snipping tool doesn't give you chance to fix the area or add text. I wish forum would support paste from clipboard to avoid saving images to hd first. 
    //rami
  • Options
    jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    I take screencaps with print screen then paste them into paint, clean them up a bit, save, and put them in my posts.  
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • Options
    I take screencaps with print screen then paste them into paint, clean them up a bit, save, and put them in my posts.  
    You are a hard worker =)
    //rami
  • Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    @3dcad

I've read your advice about lightshot on a previous thread and it works great.I'll never use the snipping.
    I agree with the suggestion of the forum supporting paste from clipboard.

Also is it just me or is typing in this forum messed-up?

• Options
    da_vicki said:
    @3dcad

Also is it just me or is typing in this forum messed-up?

What do you mean by this?

About screengrab, I still use snipping tool sometimes if I need some info to stick in my screen; something like webpage that is timing out (for example onshape sketch with dimensions) or such. It is handy for temporary information since you don't need to save the screenshot.
    //rami
  • Options
    Stuart_TodStuart_Tod Member Posts: 56 PRO
    +1 for pasting from the clipboard!
  • Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    sorry 3d I was trying to type that post and shit was moving and disappearing then reappearing so I added that comment. just a little bitchin didn't mean to distract.
  • Options
    da_vicki said:
    .. shit was moving and disappearing then reappearing .. 
    =)=)=)
    //rami
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    There is also a snag it extension that works great for both
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.