Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to get the true angle on a onshape Drawing Document.

matthew_rochematthew_roche Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
Hi Guys,  Hope I can be clear on a description:
I have drawn some bodies in a part studio that are not in the normal Front/Plan/End plane.  It is at an angle (of 17 degrees)  When I want to do a Drawing of the part,  The views are of the front,plan and end coordinates so it is "leaning".  See the snip below.

So when I measure the angle shown on the document,  I am not getting the true angle,  I am getting the angle of the leaning plane 73deg.  The actual angle is 73.78deg.  This is not usefull.

How do I adjust the view so that my part is projected onto the normal coordinates and thus I can get the true angle?

Comments

• Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    @matthew_roche Create a named view in your part studio and then either insert that named view in your drawing, or change the existing view to be that named view (right click on the view and select a different view orientation in the context menu).
  • Options
    jacques_spillmannjacques_spillmann OS Professional Posts: 53 PRO
    edited December 2020
    @PeteYodis, how do I insert a named view in a drawing?
    Actually, just found out that the reason why the named view I created was not showing in the list was because Perspective was ON when the view was created. Because perspective is not supported in drawings (not yet, I hope soon, really need this guys!) then it's not showing up as part of the possible view orientations...