Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Set up student Enterprise account deletes older account

Has any one else run into the following problem?

I have students that have created accounts previously using their school email address.  This year is my school's first year using Onshape Enterprise, when I set up my student's accounts via Enterprise, it deletes their old account with prior documents they have created.  Is there any way to restore their documents or are they lost forever?  

Comments

• Options
    Domenico_DDomenico_D Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 59 EDU
    edited December 2020
    @stephanie_bartolotta
    It sounds like your enterprise might be configured with a single sign on (SSO) provider like Google (there are other options). One of the options for SSO in Onshape Enterprise is to "Disable Onshape Password Sign In". If this option is selected, it will disable the Onshape passwords of members of the enterprise, which means they will no longer be able to get into their personal (old) accounts. The accounts are still there though, the students just can't sign into them anymore.

To fix this, an admin of the enterprise will have to edit the SSO they set up in Enterprise Settings>Authentication and deselect the option "Disable Onshape Password Sign In." Once this is changed the students will be able to get into their personal accounts again. This will also change the login page of your enterprise to allow users to sign in with their Onshape password, or with the SSO your school has.

To edit a SSO configuration click on the "..." icon to the right of the enable/disable toggle and then choose "Edit..." from the menu.